Diagnostic investigation that uses ultrasound, therefore completely harmless.
The investigations are carried out using three last-generation digital ultrasounds with probes with a variable frequency from 3.5 to 18 Mhz, also with colorDoppler, powerDoppler and elastography functions.
Exams are carried out to study the following districts:
- abdomen (liver, pancreas, gallbladder and biliary tract, aorta, kidneys and urinary tract, bladder, pelvic organs)
- soft tissues and superficial organs (thyroid, breasts, testicles, skin and subcutaneous tissue)
- muscle-tendon and periarticular structures (muscles, tendons, ligaments)
- male and female pelvis both transabdominal and endocavitary examination for the study of uterus, ovaries and prostate.
Ultrasonographic test for the functional and the anatomical study of blood vessels.
The following echoDoppler exams are performed on:
- epiaortic / supra-aortic vessels
- upper and lower limbs, arterial and venous.
Non-invasive, ultrasound examination used to evaluate the degree of elasticity of tissues. Like any ultrasound it is harmless and provides information in real time.
Main fields of application:
in the differential diagnosis between benign or malignant nodules in superficial organs such as breast, thyroid, lymph nodes, testes.
in the characterization of prostate nodules during a transrectal examination.
Non-invasive study of stiffness of the liver in suspected hepatic fibrosis due to chronic inflammatory conditions: metabolic, viral or non-alcoholic steatohepetitis (NASH).